Facebook

1778

On March 2nd, the West Precinct of Wrentham officially became an independent town. The name for the new town would be Exeter. The treaty of France, a project Ben Franklin had been working on for 3 years, had just been signed. Because of this, Jabez Fisher, a local patriot had the new town's name switched to Franklin, prior to its incorporation.

On June 10th, Foxborough incorporated.

The first permanent school house was constructed on the northwest corner of Town Hill. Prior to that time school classes were held in private homes.