Facebook

1879

The parish meeting house was deeded to the town of Norfolk for use as a new Town House. The building is remodelled at a cost of $3175 and Holbrook and Sons of East Medway recast the bell at a cost of $ 130.

The town was asked to accept a gift consisting of about 200 volumes from the Norfolk Library Association to be used as a Town Public Library. An additional loan of the books owned by the Norfolk Farmer's Club was also included.

Town meeting discussed laying out a road between Cleveland St. and Holbrook St.