Pondville Hospital sold to Norwood Hospital changing it from a state owned and operated facility to a private non profit organization.
Freedom Trail and Liberty Lane street names were selected in a street naming contest by pupils at the Freeman Centennial School to honor the hostages returned from Iran.
Mann's Store - formally known as Mann's Tavern and more recently the site of St. Jude's Rectory - a spot where George Washington and a guard of soldiers spent the night in 1775, when it was then known as The Tavern of Josiah Ware, was demolished to make way for the Country Crossing buildings - the site of the current Sovereign Bank.
New dam constructed at Mirror Lake.
Pickwick’s Pub was destroyed by fire.
The Eagle Brook Saloon opens on 258 Dedham Street.
Norfolk’s population approximately 5643.
Thelma Ravinski, of the Norfolk Historical Commission begins interviewing and recording long time Norfolk residents which would result in the publication of "Norfolk Stories, Recollections of Our Century".