Frequently Asked Questions

Home  >  Departments  >  Town Clerk  >  Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get voter information?

Where do I go to vote?

Voting in Norfolk is held at the Freeman Kennedy School, 70 Boardman Steet
Polling hours are 7 AM to 8 PM

Where do you hold Town Meetings?

Town Meeting is usually held at the King Phillip Middle School,18 King Steet, but may alternately be held at the Freeman Kennedy School, 70 Boardman St. Please feel free to call the Town Hall if you need information.

How do I contact Animal Control?

You can reach the Animcal Control Officer (ACO) through the police department at 508-528-3206

Who do I contact for mosquito spraying?

Norfolk County Mosquito Control at 781-762-3681

Where do I get a passport?

The Norfolk Town Library is where you would go to apply for a passport, please call 508-528-3380 for an appointment.

How do I get a sticker for parking at the old Town Hall?

The Selectmen's office handles the stickers for MBTA parking at the old Town Hall. Please contact them at 508-440-2855

Where do I pay my water bill?

Water, excise, and tax bills can all be paid at the Treasurer Collectors office located on the main floor of the Town Hall. You can contact them at 508-520-0058

Does Norfolk have residential trash pick-up?

The town of Norfolk does not have residential trash pick-up. Please call the DPW at 508-528-4990 for information on purchasing a sticker for the Transfer Station, or you can hire a private disposal company locally for pick-up at your home.

Why do I have to fill out the town census?

The annual Town Census is conducted on January 1st as required by Massachusetts State Law. Data collected from the census is used to publish an annual street list of residents containing information on residents over the age of seventeen.  Failure to return the census can result in inactive voter status and  loss of proof of residency should you require it.

Where can I get help with food, rent, or fuel assistance?

For the food pantry, you can contact the Emmanuel Baptist Church at 508-528-5862 
You may be able to recieve help with rent, utilities, or fuel assistance by contacting
the Council on Aging at 508-528-4430 or you can pick up an application for help from Norfolk Together at the Town Clerk's Office.

How Can I find out what recreational activities there are in Norfolk?

Norfolk has some really fantastic rec programs, you can find everything you need right here: Norfolk Recreation

Where can I get more information on the Homestead Act?

You can find everything you need at the Registry of Deeds

Do I need a permit for a yard sale?

The Town of Norflk does not require you to get a permit for a yard sale. Please refer to the Town of Norfolk Bylaws, Article IX Sign Regulations for questions about yard sale sign placement.