Identity Fraud (What to do)

If you are or suspect you are the victim of identity fraud you can take the following steps in addition to notifying your credit card company /bank.

  1. Report the incident to the police and request an incident number.
  2. You may receive a free credit report (each allows for one free credit report per year) from the following websites:
  3. Notify the postal authorities within the jurisdiction of any false addresses not associated to you that you may be receiving merchandise or monies in your name. Click here for more information from the Department of Justice on recognizing and preventing identity fraud.